Did you just finish your studies or have you been in the business for a couple of years now and are you looking to develop yourself in an inspiring working environment? Keep reading to find out if this job is the one for you.
What we offer
Needless to say you can expect an excellent salary and all the perks that come with good employer practices. But just as important is the environment that we offer, you are going to be immersed in a culture that is ambitious in a healthy way. Additionally, we offer:
- A competitive salary.
- 27 days of paid vacation, with an additional day earned every 5 years of service.
- Work time dedicated to professional development.
- A top-of-the-line MacBook.
- Generous pension plan.
- Reimbursement for travel expenses.
- Allowance for a home office and setup, if necessary.
- Opportunities to work on-site at different locations.
- Access to New Story Vitality for workout and wellness activities.
- On-site coffee bar with the ability to make your own latte art.
- A supportive and social environment with team building events and after-work drinks.
The role of Front-end Developer
As a Front-end Developer, your role will involve working on the development of flexible and scalable digital ecosystems. You will use Angular to create individual components in Storybook and verify their functionality through Unit and E2E testing. You will also collaborate with Back-End Developers to establish agreements on necessary data and work with UI/UX designers on the development of new components. You will work as part of a team, primarily in sprints, although we may also use waterfall processes. At New Story, we believe it's essential for you to not only know what you are developing but also understand the reasoning behind it. This is the key to achieving continuous improvement.
What we expect from you
'Hire for attitude, train for skills' is a mantra that fits New Story well. Do you fall short in certain areas and want to compensate with a healthy dose of eagerness to learn? Great, we give you the space and the environment to further develop yourself. Here’s the list of qualities we’re looking for (and it’s okay if you don’t have the Royal Flush):
- Previous work experience as a Front-end Developer, or a strong interest in the field.
- Proficient in TypeScript and have experience using CSS (preferably Tailwind).
- Keen on using automated Unit and E2E testing for your work and are familiar with tools like Jest and Playwright.
- Take responsibility for the projects you are assigned to.
- Committed to continuously developing your skills.
- Familiarity with Back-end languages like Golang/Python and PHP is a plus.
We’re glad to get to know you in person during a laid back conversation where you can be fully yourself. We prefer to discuss your motivation at the office, with a cup of coffee. This way you get a sense of New Story’s vibe.
Email your CV to Samantha den Boer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A link to an up-to-date LinkedIn profile is also fine with us.
Want to learn more?
Get in touch with: